Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ils sont adorables les Francais!

I was looking at some web sites about the upcoming French Presidential elections, and look what I found.

I love seeing women establishing themselves as leaders, so I am very happy for Ms. Royal. When people attack a women in a public position just because she is a woman and in ways they would not if she were a man, as is the case with Ms. Royal right now, I feel like standing up for her.
So here she is as "Marianne". Suits her fine!


This is so clever! Ms. Royal as Snow White with the other candidates as Dwarfs!


Allez les femmes! Women elected heads of state!

These two are my favorites from an artistic point of view. The New Yorker kind of illustration that I love.



N.B. I have to say, though that, being European and Greek, my vote would go to Mr. Sarkozy, because he is against the full admission of Turkey, a country remote from the European culture in every aspect. Of course industrialists would do anything for cheep labour, but, although Turkey has a very priviledged status in its trade relations with the Union already, I wouldn't like Greece and Europe to be flooded with Turks once more.
Perhaps Ms. Royal should have a look at this post, regarding the slaughter today of prominent Turkish-Armenian writer Hrant Dink. He was accused of insulting "Turkishenss" because he spoke up about the genocide of the Armenians.
This is the same people who attack ever so often the Ecumenical Patriarchate and the Christians of Turkey. Is this the kind of people European people want to see in Europe? Allez Segolene, pensez!

No comments: