What is a home?
I spend the bigger part of the day planning other people's homes, thinking how people live and what best suits them. I put up with the most trivial and unusual demands, deadlines and practical challenges.
But when do I feel at home?
I thought about this last night, as we entered the shop with the kids. It was dark and peaceful with only the Christmas lights on. As we were siting, writing the company reports while the children were making the usual noises, beating each other occasionally and laughing soon afterwards, I thought to myself: noisy and angry, anxious and bored, worried and stressed, this is home.
Claiming the house back to ourselves after three weeks of having the in-laws over here, that's another feeling of home I look forward to.
Getting the Christmas tree and decorations into their boxes, that's home.
Redecorating this blog with a winter theme feels like home and I look forward to it.
Home is where your heart is. It is so true!
3 comments:
I wish you all the best with your loved ones and your home.
It's true, home is where the heart is. In my heart, I feel at more than one place at home, must have to do with having loved my former two homes very much and I left a piece of my heart at each one. ;-)
I agree completely that home is where the heart is.
Your blog is always so inspiring Irene and I love the winter themed clipart :-)
I'm a real homebird and love being nowhere better than at home with DH and the children, with something nice cooking in the oven making everywhere smell nice.
Happy New Year to you and your family. I hope it's a wonderful one for you all. x
Happy new year Irene!!
Sorry, I've been really bad at reading other blogs and commenting recently.
We have had Outlaws visiting too and home is definatly sitting down and enjoying the peace after they have gone!!
Nic
xxx
Post a Comment