Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Those wise southerners!..

I don't usually do siesta. And when I don't, I feel drowsy all afternoon. Especially around 4p.m. I really hit a slump. Then my faithful black friend comes to the rescue. I have been avoiding sugar because it shifts my mood in a rather awkward way, but the truth is, apart from pills, including homeopathic, nothing bits a good chunk of chocolate for cheering me up at this time of day. I know, I know, I could go for a walk. But that's the time the girls are back from school and they have lunch. Is this an excuse? Could I just leave and go for a walk?
Well, it seems I have to do some rethink. A study published today, lead by researcher Dr Dimitrios Trichopoulos, from the Harvard School of Public Health, shows that an afternoon nap of c.30 min. can reduce the risk of heart disease.
So, although I won't be denying my longtime friend, I might as well take a nap!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Yep, naps are good :-)
Although I tend to find if I have one I'm too lethargic afterwards to get on and do anything.
The chocolate works well here for me too.