
Last week we've had our fair share of (virtual) meat eating. I am so pleased you liked D's work. I always encourage my children to do things with their hands. In a ready-made society , I think it is essential for their souls and for their minds to create, to grant form and meaning to things around them, themselves. Thank you.
I have been pushing myself out of the mud pit in the past week, after my blues/blacks crisis, so I am going to take it easy this week. Conforming to Lent, but more cook-friendly. The truth is, it is to a great degree my fault, but my kids have grown to be rather eclectic and this does not allow me to feed them just anything. They want a proper meal, apart from the days they know we are busy and we can't go home for lunch, in which case I bring some sandwiches with me. Perhaps this is another area of my life where I need to simplify things. OK, here is this week's menu:
Monday
This will be half-prepared today and finished off tomorrow just before serving)
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Gremolata
Another recipe for Cauliflower Cheese looks promising (lovely blog, too!)
Tuesday
I am baking some veggies (aubergine, courgette, onion, sweet red pepper). Then make a sandwich using a wholewheat roll, veggies, and some olive paste.
Wednesday
I am preparing a tuna sauce with olive oil, onion, canned tuna, some capers, and tomato the night before. I'll serve it with spaghetti and a green leaf and carrot salad.
Thursday
Sandwiches with lettuce, olive paste and fried calamari.
Friday
Salad nicoise (tuna, lettuce, mixed greens,with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard sauce)
Saturday
Potato salad (small organic potatoes, red onion, parsley, on a bed of leafy greens)
Sunday
Soy kebabs in red sauce served with rice and a green salad.
Have a lovely week and, please visit Laura for more Menus.
8 comments:
Wow- these days sound great! You make eating vegetarian sound tasty! I'm enjoying looking around your blog. Thanks for visiting mine. I hope you have a wonderful Monday!! :)
I agree with Anne, those meals look wonderful! Have a great Monday.
It all looks great.
Happy Monday
Hello Irene!
Happy Monday. The time change this weekend is hitting hard here :)
Your menu looks great.
Have a great week.
blessings~
Annie
Your menu looks great.
Hope you have a wonderful week.
Stacy
Your menu is so healthy which is fantastic!
Have a splendid week :)
Laura
Sounds like a healthy & delicious menu.
You're Potato Salad sounds like a really winner.
I'm glad I stopped by today!
Post a Comment