Chocolate Meringues
A perfect way to use up egg whites and save calories too! Just don’t attempt to make these on a humid day. Cookies will last several days in an airtight container.
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Beat egg whites with mixer on high speed until frothy and soft peaks form.
3. While motor is running, very slowly add sugar to egg whites. Beat until egg whites are stiff and glossy.
4. With rubber spatula, gently fold in vanilla followed by cocoa and chocolate chips. Don’t overmix. It is okay if the batter is a little streaked.
5. Drop batter by teaspoonful about 2” apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until cookies feel dry and hard.
7. Let cool briefly on cookie sheet and then very carefully remove to cake rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container.
And while you're at it, make some great tea with lemon. As I read in the paper today, it actually protects from the skin in various ways.
And what about a nice tea set? I love things that make life more beautiful, more elegant and worth making the effort. I usually go for more contemporary or folk pieces. But I'd gladly make an exception for these ones!
So, what do you say?
No comments:
Post a Comment