Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thankful Thursday-Hope


It takes practice. To be thankful, I mean. We so much tend to focus on what we haven't got, instead of what gifts we have been given.
I know I do that in my mind. Thankfully, I use most of the time a phrase my late grandfather used a lot. Whenever he was asked how he was, he'd say: "Thank God".

This week I am grateful for:

My daughters' performance at Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream , last night with their school (see post below).I was amazed to see my shy little D blossom into singing on stage. I hope she will find her way into contentment and that I'll be here to help her along.

Our children .I hope for us to be able to see them grow into women and I am so grateful to God for His huge gifts. Am I really a mother? Wow!

Our work. Sometimes I get bored or angry and I think about staying at home. But I know we are blessed to be able to work together and have the children with us, educating them according to our own values. I hope we will grow and flourish and for me I hope to fulfill my dreams.

Our mini van. We sold my car to buy it. I hope it will prove a good investment.

Selling my car. One thing less to worry about. I hope that one day there will be space for bicycles in the streets, and that I will be able to go around and enjoy the ride.

The new bedlinen we got today. Bright, soft, organic. I hope it will sell well.

The latest issue of Domino. Lots of new perfect whites to choose from. I hope to be able to use a great shade in our house.

Our goddaughter. She is coming tonight and we look forward to seeing her again. I hope she grows strong and healthy into her values and beliefs.

Please visit Eph2810 for more.

8 comments:

Annie said...

What wonderful blessings Irene! The bedlinen sound heavenly.

Denise said...

Such a sweet thankful list, bless you.

marlise said...

I really enjoyed your thankful list. Thanks for sharing your blessings!

Robin said...

You are so right - we have to practice at being thankful. I like that! Your list is great.

Mary said...

You're right it takes practice - enough to make it a habit. Your daughter was in Midsummer Nights Dream. That's awesome. I'm sure she was thrilled. Thanks for sharing a great list. Blessings on your weekend.

Alycia said...

Such wonderful blessings! Thank you for sharing! Blessings to you today, from Japan!

Blogger profile name said...

My kids participated in a homeschool performance of Midsummer Night's Dream two years ago!

Congrats on the van. They're very practical!

eph2810 said...

How cool that your daughter, despite her shyness was able to take part at the school play. It is so neat to see our children grow up - although sometimes it hurts a little.
Work can be frustrating at times...but I just keep telling myself to press forward.
Oh, organic bed-linen, how neat. You sell them?

I hope you had a great time with your Goddaughter last night.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Have a blessed weekend.