Wow! I love this kind of day, like the one I had today!
Sunday evening, C's cousin K came with her husband. She is the kind of woman who knows everything about household chores and can give you advice on any recipe or house task imaginable. And she goes to the hairdresser's every Friday. You get the picture. I would be lost without her. That's for sure.
Sometimes I get through periods of time when I do not want to hear about yet another recipe or another way to clean the carpet, or what so and so said at the hairdresser's. I am not good at pretending, unfortunately, and at times I risk being seen as indifferent.
Thankfully C compensates with his affection for her and her father (my f.i.l's brother).
So, K came and we talked about what we did, while the men were having a glass of Red (Johnie Walker Red).
So she said to C, why don't you let Irene stay at home tomorrow morning and get on with the work she started today? C shook his head and I thought he was being polite, but then he said that I could stay. And I did!
First I made the kids breakfast..No! They made breakfast themselves. Milk and cereals. I cannot recall what exactly I did first, but:
I folded the laundry
Cleaned out the closets
Put everything wintry in bags
Got the summer shoes down from the attic and put most of the winter stuff in boxes (D helped me on this one)
Cooked stuffed tomatoes to feed us for the week (OK, exaggerating a little bit)
Cooked a lovely risotto with mushrooms, onion and Parmesan, baby carrots and green peas steamed and buttered.
Hanged each one of hubby's clothes in the closet
Made the bed
D washed the dishes and F washed the pans
D and J got each other soaking wet in the balcony
No hot water. Must call the plumber.
F had an afternoon English class. She is looking forward to her summer classes. Amazon has dispatched her first bunch of books. I look forward to reading Little House with her!
Made Brownies for C's birthday. I know, what woman makes her husband brownies for a birthday cake? I do. Delicious, creamy and crunchy at the same time. Served with organic vanilla ice-cream. A local super market is importing the gelato from Italy. Melts very easily, but it is real milk.
In the evening we watched the final episode of a Greek sitcom. I generally do not watch Greek sitcoms, but as all the other kids at school were watching it, we had a look and decided to let the girls see it, so as to have something to talk about with the other kids. I think it is by far the best on show. And I look forward to another one that I grew fond of. It is the story of three couples in their 40s. Great team of actors. Pity they won't be on next season. But some other sitcom will!
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment