Wednesday, August 22, 2007

An afternoon at home

C had to do some deliveries out of town today. He left at 3:30, and he wasn't back until 11 p.m.
The kids are downstairs, watching a friendly foodball match between Greece and Spain in honor of Theodoros Zagorakis , the Greek national team's chief who led them to victory in Euro 2004. This is his last game with the natioanl colors, as he is now heading his hometown football club.
I have been doing some washing, emptying our travel bags, upturning them and getting rid of the sand!
I made three trays of spinach pie, this time with a new twist. Instead of just brushing olive oil on top as I usually do, I evenly spread (moving the tray on all four corners) a beaten egg. The color of the filo leaves came out wonderful, and it was really tasty. I wasn't sure they would eat up, but they did! (Dear God, thanks for the inspiration!)
I also made an omelette using with french fries and the leftover spinach and feta cheese filling from the pie. It was Ok, but I think I should make it without the fries next time. Fries are good with some cheese. The spinach version is more gourmet.
Anyway, all three are in bed now, and c is watching a political debate on TV. There will be an early election in Greece next month.
I haven't posted about our vacation yet. I'd like to do it soon, because memories tend to fade away, and then one has to try to remember things looking at the photos (which by the way, I haven't uploaded on the computer yet).
Today and the day before were tiring for both of us, as we are trying to catch up with orders and deliveries. We are also refurbishing the shop, preparing for the autumn. I hope to post on that and some gifts I got on Happy Turtle.
Goodnight, sleep tight.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm so glad to hear from you Irene, I've been checking to see if you were home and you are! Your spinach pies sound so good, wish I was there for one too!