
Callapidder Days is hosting the new Fall reading challenge, which I am happy to take!
It is not a challenge per se, it is rather an opportunity to get me to read the books that I want to read that otherwise might be left on the shelf.
My list includes
I have already read the Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy With God in the Busyness of Life (Revised Edition with New Bible Study)
.
The Having a Mary Heart book is one of the most important books I have read in my life, and I look forward to reading the Having a Mary Spirit one.
I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in stopping the struggle between "have to dos" and "want to dos" and finding balance in a Christian-centered way.
I also want to do the Bible Study from the Mary Heart book which I didn't do. This will be a wonderful opportunity to actually study the Bible for the first time in my life.
I am also going to read some vegetarian/vegan/raw books as this autumn/winter season DH and I have decided to focus on healthy eating as a family, starting with the pre-Christmas fasting.
A lovely book I just received on the mail is Skinny Bitch
. Although the title may put you off, it is packed full of enlightening information and encouragemnet. This is accompanied by Skinny Bitch in the Kitch: Kick-Ass Recipes for Hungry Girls Who Want to Stop Cooking Crap (and Start Looking Hot!)
. I am also going to adapt some recipes from the wonderful How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking, the River Cafe Cookbook
and Jamie's Dinners: The Essential Family Cookbook. This means I shall be able to have a set menu, which is a great help.
I would also like to read a good and pleasant Christian fiction book, but I haven't found one yet. I shall be looking at the other participants' lists, but if anyone reading this post and has a suggestion, please do post a comment!
It is one of my aims to visit as many participants as possible. I'll try to post about interesting passages and ideas in my Week in Review on Sundays. I wish us all very happy reading!

3 comments:
if you're looking for Christian fiction stop by my blog. I review tons of Christian fiction and give away books. Oh you can also see my Fall list for ideas too :)
The skinny book sounds interesting. I have that Domestic Goddess cookbook and the pictures put weight on me...
Happy fall reading.
I've heard so many good things about the Mary Heart/Spirit books. I'm definitely going to have to pick them up one of these days. Thanks for being part of Fall into Reading!
Post a Comment