Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Kind Words Watering The Soul

This morning I served a customer for a bed she wanted to commission from us. The lady, in her 60s, was accompanied by a gentleman. I thought he was her husband but he turned out to be her uncle. In large families, one can have an uncle the same age as himself. The man spoke English and from his accent I thought he was a Greek-American. I did not comment on it, because I didn't want them to think that I was using the connection to my commercial benefit.

On their way out, the man stopped at the door, turned around and said slowly:
"You are a very good businesswoman. I know who is good for work, and you are. You are one in a million".
Later, I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror. I have quite a few wrinkles around the eyes. I have began dying my hair, although I had vowed I never would. My very pale complection is paler and my skin looks slightly tired and thin.
I put some blush on and looked again.Yep, I am not in my prime, perhaps, but through trial and error, and through my loving Father God's plan and grace, I am slowly turning into the lady I want to be.

2 comments:

Annie said...

What a wonderful compliment to hear Irene, and how nice that you are feeling so comfortable in your skin.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

That must be such a satisfying feeling. And what a fantastic and encouraging thing to hear.