Those past few weeks were quite a bits and pieces sort of thing. I didn't know what was coming until lunch time, if you see what I mean.Anyway, with all this agony about the fires and the sadness for the people and the beautiful, thousand years old landscape, food wasn't tops in my agenda. Of course these things show, and I dully avoided weighing in. I think I'll have to do it this week or the next, to see where I am at the beginning of the autumn/winter season. I am asize 16/18 now. I know I am my best as a 12/14, so that's a long way to go.
Then last week things began shifting a little bit. What I felt like doing was cooking old familiar recipes. That's comfort cooking, I suppose, following the complete refusal to cook.
I made a recipe I intend to use the week after (so that the family doesn't get bored with it) of penne au gratin. More of that next week.
I am not going to do any healthy eating plan this week either. Sorry! I am just tired of yoghurt and tomatoes from all summer long, I suppose. Raw is flat cold for this time of the year.
So, here we go:
Monday
DH will be delivering our two huge solid beech wood book cases out of town, so it 's going to be a couple of cheese pie pieces for him on the go, and a couple of spinach pies at the shop.
My guess is that they'll be gone for brunch, so I am making some spaghetti that I got in a 3 for 2 offer last week, with an oven glove thrown in the offer. J loves spaghetti. It will be Ok with some grated cheese that I also got last week. It's slightly salty with the distinct goat cheese taste. That's one of my mil's favorites, from the little town of Amfilochia in Central Greece.
Tuesday
We will be staying at the shop all day beginning this week, as F has a schedule of 8:15-15:00 School, 19:30-21:30 English. I'll make a roast chicken on Monday evening with potatoes, lemon and mustard. C's mom's recipe.
Wednesday
We will hopefully be at home for lunch, so it's going to be a hearty lentil soup with olive oil and vinegar, accompanied by home-cured olives and feta chesse.
Thursday
Meatballs with rice and tomato sauce.
Friday
Pasta with tuna and mayonnaise.
Saturday
String beans and peas in tomato sauce , accompanied by grated cheese and french fries.
Sunday
We will hopefully be having lunch with our friends in Thessaloniki, one of Greece's capitals of gooood eating. However, it will probably be pizzas in the evening, as we will be watching the general election results which are promisingly going to be a thriller!
Hop over to Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie for more menus. And have a delicious week.
3 comments:
that cheese pie sounds delicious!! I like what you chose this week. Have a great one.
Happy Monday!
Your menu ALWAYS looks delicious!
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!
I agree with Bridget and Annie- your menu sounds delicious! Take care.
Post a Comment