You may be familiar with her books, especially Fit from Within and Shelter for the Spirit.
Today I have received an e-mail from her. Her stepson aged 16 died suddenly on Wednesday. She writes of him:

James was a remarkable young man. He was funny and always smiling, and although very much a regular kid, he was truly compassionate in a way you wouldn't think of in a boy his age. He visited us last month and as he left, he asked if I'd order him a Fat, Broke & Lonely No More tee-shirt. He wanted to advertise for me. He was a gifted artist and very active in the Social Justice Club at his school. He regularly visited homeless shelters and spearheaded his school's adopting a child in Cameroon. He'd planned to go to Guatemala this spring to help build a house for a needy family. He was not at all the super- jock/football-captain type, and yet over 200 of his classmates came to the funeral.
There's a song lyric he repeated all the time and wrote at the top of one of his paintings: "I am heaven-sent. Don't you dare forget." I take that literally. His life was cut so short, but I believe he was called to do more in the non-physical world. He has already brought about great healing in his extended family.
If anyone feels so moved, a fund has been established in James's honor for the charitable work of his school's Social Justice Club which meant so much to him. Donations can be sent to:
Lorenzo Campanelli,
ChaplainSt. Ignatius of Loyola Secondary School
1550 Nottinghill Gate
Oakville, Ontario L6M 1S2
Canada
And of course your prayers would be very, very much appreciated.
- Victoria
So to anyone reading this, please pray for James's soul. And please pray for strength and healing for his mother Donna, his father William and his step-mom Victoria.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment