
(Graphic by Irene's Corner-not me!)
Oh, it's the Fall!
Oh, it's the Fall!
Can you believe that summer is officially gone?
YesterdayI was watching an advertisement on TV. I was walking/running on the treadmill for the first time in the last two weeks, and I saw this ad for ouzo. There was a seafood pasta dish and greek salad and ouzo served on a beach front taverna. There and then I realized that summer was over and that we are entering the autumn.
I always liked the autumn/winter. As I child I was looking forward to the new school year, the new books and the new things to learn. I liked taking in the smell of the newly print schoolbooks. And I still appreciate a nice smelling copy.
Then , why is it that this year I am sorry that the summer is gone? Perhaps I was expecting some more fun, some more peaceful, contemplative moments. Or the air of insouciance lingering in the air: Pink and Green, flip flops, ice cream cones and nights under the jasmin and the honeysuckle.
At least the calendar on my sidebar shows the bears lazing on the beach. So, there is still time for a little sunshine.Welcome September! Back to School, newly sharpened pencils and fresh notebooks. New calendars and schedules, and a little cardigan thrown over my shoulders. A glass or two under the stars, and the sweet sadness of what is gone and what is yet to come.
Oh, how I love you September. Happy new season.
2 comments:
Me too Irene, love September! Looking forward to cool mornings and sweater weather!
blessings.
Annie
I recently wrote about my feelings on the autumn approaching as well--except I'm certainly not sorry to see the insane heat go away; with the flip of the calendar into September, it seems that the weather has also agreed that it's time.
It's been so lovely here the past few days--I hope it stays like this awhile before I have to break out the sweaters (although I love those too!).
Post a Comment