Monday, February 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Monday
We eat at home (shops are closed in the afternoon, and I have had some cooking done last week!)
Lentil soup. Olives. Feta cheese.

Tuesday
Meatballs in tomato and rosemary sauce. Lettuce and carrot salad with olive oil and vinegar. This is one of those comfort recipies that go down from mother to daughter.
Go ahead and cook the meatballs as usual. I put garlic, onion and spearmint. You then make a tomato sauce with onion and parsley, plus a couple of branches rosemary, which you take off the sauce before serving. Add the meatballs and let them take in the sauce.
Meanwhile, form in each plate a little tower of rice. You may use a creme caramel form, or even a clean round bowl. Pour the sauce on it and add the meatballs around it. You may garnich with a tiny branch of rosemary.

Wednesday
Spaghetti with vegetable butter, parmezan and seafood sauce.

Thursday
Chicken soup. Feta cheese.

Friday
Sandwiches with cheese, omelette and lettuce.

Saturday
Hamburgers and Chef salad.

Sunday
Grilling in the fireplace. As this is the last day of meat eating before the Easter fasting we shall be having a mixed grill of meat and saucages.

May I also share with you a website that I voted for in the 2008 weblog awards. It is called The Pioneer Woman Cooks. It has got great recipes and step by step photos. I might just be tempted out of my comfort zone!

For more inspiration visit Laura .Thanks for hosting, and happy anniversary to you!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like a yummy week.

Anonymous said...

do u eat those meatballs w/ spaghetti or just by themselves?

Irene said...

Dearest Denise-I hope so! The first adjustment is already underway, though. I am right now baking hamburgers and potatoes and steaming some mixed veggies for tomorrow. I had to be away from home in the afternoon, so I couldn't make the meatballs! Hopefully will have them on Thursday!
Hi Utah!
These meatballs are served with rice, steamed or boiled. No grated cheese, please. They are never served with spaghetti, unless you cook for Lady and the Tramp.

Kathi said...

Your menu is great. I would like to be better organized like you. Kathi