
Today we’re traveling back to our childhood, what did the dishes you ate off of everyday look like? Did you have a favorite cup or plate? Did your mother have fancy dishes for company? Tell us all about those special dishes while you travel back in time!
Good question. Everyday objects have such an integral part of our lives, making or breaking our aesthetic world.
As I grew up in the'70s, Tupperware were all the rage. They were colorful and they were thought of as fashionable. So yes, we were eating out of plastic plates most of the time.Then there were the "good" plates, used for pastry on name days and birthdays.

(Picture from Poppins' Garden)
Our plates weren't decorated with chinoiserie; they were mostly of romantic ladies in romantic springs, and Victorian couches,but the colors, dark pink and blue, were very similar.
Thank you for the travel, Annie!
3 comments:
I ♥ those kind of dishes! I use the deep blue ones every day! :)
Such lovely dishes.
I love your dishes too!
Food tastes better on pretty plates, huh?
Have a wonderful Wednesday Irene.
♥~annie
Post a Comment