Dear friends,
I am well aware that there are people in much more needy situations than I am. And I pray in humble prayer for those I know and those I don't know who may be suffering and in trial while I go around caring about the ordinary.
Today, though, I feel overwhelmed, and I am going to ask for a personal favor.
I'd like to ask you to pray for us for something that is trivial, perhaps, but that has been a burden on us for quite some time.
As some of you know, we have been building a house for the past three years. It is part of an block of houses built next to each other.
We have been experiencing increasing difficulties with the Engineer/contractor over time. At some point last summer one of our neighbours and ourselves realised that he was unreliable and attempted to complete the works on our own. He wouldn't let us do so, and wouldn't pay for them himself, so things continued to go slowly. The strain on us, physically, financially and psychologically got bigger and bigger. C rarely is at work as he is overseeing the project and drives everywhere for miles each day. We are paying for the rent in our current flat, plus the loan for the new home. The long period of uncertainty is wearing us out. We also face the pressure of our current landlord who needs the flat for his soon to be married daughter till the end of June.
A couple of months ago we hired our own contractor and work progressed fast. Now that works are nearing completion, the Engineer refuses to sign the necessary paperwork for us to be connected to the Electricity etc. blackmailing us really, in order to get us to pay him extra money for work that he hasn't done and wasn't going to do anyway, as he is essentially bankrupt, after he lost his money in the shaky Greek Stock Exchange.
C was really frustrated last night. I told him that I don't really mind about electricity. I am prepared to move in with oil lamps and candles, install the washing machine at the shop's basement, eat fruit and veggies and do the occasional BBQ in our backyard.
C is going to meet him at midday today, to try to talk some sense to him. Could you please pray with me? I say to myself that God knows best when it is time for us to move, and He knows how things should work out. i am bringing all that entangled mess to His feet and pray that He should show us the way.
Thank you.
5 comments:
It's so sad you have to go through this! It's bad really. I understand perfectly well cos I live in Nigeria and if you have heard of Nigerian...
Talking sense into folks like that won't do any good. What works is what you are doing - reporting to God and His children.
Really, that man has a nerve blackmailing children of God for money God gave them!
I'm really sorry I'm ranting like this; it isn't really what you need right now. I just wanted to let you know I'm going to say a prayer for you right now.
Please let me know how the talk goes ok. Don't worry dear, the Lord takes care of His Own (that means you)!
P.S. Do you mind if I post about it on my blog so others may join you in prayers?
Sweetie, I am lifting you up in my prayers. Asking God to work this all out for you. I love you.
No prayer request is trivial. God cares about every part of our lives and we can bring the biggest or the smallest requests to His feet and He cares. I pray that your situation works out perfectly, that at the end when you are all settled in your new home you can look back and see God's hand working to make it come together in a way that you could not have managed or even imagined on your own. I pray for peace in your heart and mind and for peace in your family as you go through this transition. I pray that you feel the love of God on your life and through the people who you come in contact with. amen.
Irene - I'll be praying that this issue gets resolved.
I wanted to let you know that Know and Tell Friday is up. Sorry we didn't have it ready when you stopped by earlier.
Heather
Irene, I only just saw your post and it is far past noon in your part of the world, but I am praying for a final and quick resolution to this ongoing and taxing situation for your family. May the Lord provide all that you need both materially and in wisdom in finding the best solution with the bureaucracies involved. May He untangle the knots!
Sara
Post a Comment