Last Saturday some 49% of telespectators watched the European song contest. It is not exactly European as Turkey and Israel also take part. Russia came first this year, with Ukraine second, something to be expected, given the enormous rise of Russian influence in the continent, but Greece was in the third place, leading all the way in the first place until the ex-Soviet states began voting.
I also liked Norway's song and their presence on-stage. Womanly without being cheap and provocative.
Otherwise, Spain, Portugal, Finland, Ukraine and some others had some ridiculous songs and performers.
Anyway,none of it is Beethoven, but I quite like the singer, Kalomira, who is a fellow Greek-American and a very nice and smiling girl.
Here are the lyrics of the Greek entry:
Performer: Kalomira
Song title: Secret Combination
Song writer: Poseidon Yannopoulos
Song composer: Konstantinos Pantzis
Can you see it?
Can you see it?
You have to discover me
What goes wrong when I am crying
Or what I want when I’m smiling
Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?
That I’m not a little girl
You’re misunderstanding my way
And all the roles that I like to play
My secret combination
It’s a mystery for you
Use your imagination
I’m not easy but I’m true
My secret combination
Boy you have to try it hard
To win a destination in the centre of my heart!
An open book,
An open book
Well, I’m sorry, I am not
Sometimes I’m acting like a lady
Sometimes woman, sometimes baby
My secret combination
It’s a mystery for you
Use your imagination
I’m not easy but I’m true
My secret combination
Boy you have to try it hard
To win a destination in the centre of my heart!
Well done Kalomira! You are a little happy star!
1 comment:
Sounds nice.
Post a Comment