Hello,First of all, I'd like to thank those of you who stopped by and prayed with me for our home. I read your encouraging words and try to stay optimistic. The latest news is that we have had the industrial power extended, which is good for the craftspeople working on the site, but no good for cooking etc.The engineer still won't sign the paperwork. I hate confrontation. Why can't he just back off and let us get on with our lives? C wants me to clean the house over the weekend so that we may start moving in furniture next week.
The truth is, I wouldn't like to enter a new house with anger and hatred from any one's part. But I probably will have to get on with it and pray for the best.
I took some photos of our current apartment over the week end. I am thankful for the times we've spent there.
For festive celebrations and for every day pleasures, for our late night croissants from the nearby bakery and for pizzas in front of the TV.For baking and cooking together.
For evenings on the veranda taking in the starry night, the breath of the leaves and flowers and the song of the neighbouring nightingales.
For the little balcony of our bedroom where I smoked the odd cigarette or had the odd bowl of ice cream when I wanted to get away from it all.
I am thankful for my husband and children, for our shop and our life in this little corner of the world.
I am thankful for our new home and the progress that is being made.
I am thankful for blogging and my blogging friends, and all the gentle encouragement and guidance I am receiving every day.
I am thankful for God's love who is making our lives pleasant and provides for us in ways that He knows are for the best.
And thank you Iris for being such an inspiring host!
7 comments:
Irene,
I am praying with you for your new home. May God guide and provide for your family. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us and the lovely photos. Have a blessed Thankful Thursday!
Nancie
Our homes really do hold many memories and so much love. No matter where we are.
Memories is really one thing that reminds us our happiness and sadness in the past. Thanks for sharing your TT!
Congrats on the new home. Great post!
Happy TT!
May God abundantly bless your sweet family.
Thank you for sharing your list...this is my first visit to your beautiful blog. Really enjoyed seeing the pictures of the special memories from your home. Blessings to you and yours...
you've been in my prayers - and I believe God will not let you down.
Lovely photos. Thanks for the sweet comment you left at my blog. God bless you.
Post a Comment