
Hello,
Oh I know I said I'd be back on Tuesday. And I was. I am actually going to finish that post about our weekend trip in a while. Maybe. But then you see, Tuesday I had another pain attack. I thought I would fight it on my own, but then, I gave up. It just doesn't go away. I stayed at home on Tuesday, mostly lying in bed, trying to be positive and not upset the children. J piled up icons on me to comfort me. He'd stop his homework and ask "You do feel better, mom, don't you?". "I feel better all the time", I'd reply.
I felt better on Wednesday and C and agreed that we should go on and make an appointment with the dreaded gastroenterologist.
We went last night. It seems I have sort of underestimated the situation. We are trying to have an ultra sound scheduled for next week and then another test which involves having a tube travelling from your mouth down to your stomach. Doesn't sound fun, but the doctor said I shouldn't worry because I'll be sedated. Now that sounds better.
His guess is that the way the pain develops, and my symptoms go, it must have to do with he pancreas and liver.
That rings bells. A couple of years ago while I was doing homeopathy, the homeo doctor said that I had a sensitive liver and pancreas. Any guesses?
Here is why: "The liver is the primary chemical factory in the body and it is charged with changing chemical substances in the blood into other substances useful to the body. It also breaks down toxins in the system to either render them harmless or to prepare them for elimination. The liver is in communication with all the other partners of your metabolism and it performs backup and support duties if other systems are injured or otherwise failing to keep up with their own functions. We also seem to process emotions in such a way that they affect the liver and again, if the liver is struggling it can generate specific emotional responses. Many folk who never have enough vitality and energy or who have difficulty digesting various foods or have bad skin or difficulty in keeping their weight down are at the mercy of a sluggish liver however caused (...)Very caring and supportive people are amongst those who develop the two main illness of the pancreas, diabetes and pancreatic cancer. These folk, for all their virtue and caring often do not experience sufficient emotional nourishment, of a sweet and intimate nature in their own lives, and sometimes compensate by craving sweet food".
Well, I told you it rings bells...(If you want to read more, go here). I am not going to go for herb remedies at this stage, unless it is something light and doable. Please spare a prayer for me.
Right now I am stuck with a persistent pain on my left back, which feels like burning, an inflammation, which is probably the case. I have to brave the weekend (no drugs before we see what this is about) and keep calm and carry on, as my new kitchen poster says.
Now, when I am out of this mess, I shall certainly take that moto very seriously.
Keep calm and carry on, you, too.
4 comments:
I hope you feel better now.
I'm praying for you friend.
Dear Irene,
Oh, I am just back to blogging after a long weekend of family events for my mother's 90th birthday.
I am sorry to hear that you have been in pain. I pray that God will show the doctor what is wrong and how best to treat the ailment.
Take care,
Carrie
Hope your absence means you are getting the care you need. I'll continue to pray for your health and strength and wisdom for your doctors in their care of you.
Post a Comment