Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weekend Wishes


The post below made me think, today. I would like to share it with you and keep it with me for reflection over the weekend.

My dash is the small amount of time I have from the day I'm born to the day I die.The account of his life is short, yet powerful.
So all the days of Enoch were 365 years. And Enoch walked [in habitual fellowship] with God; and he was not, for God took him [home with Him]. Gen 5:23-24 (AMP)

The last few days, I've been reflecting on these verses. What's my legacy? How am I spending my dash? What would my two sentence dash say? I don't know how long or short my dash may be. What if today is one of my last? Will I honor and walk with God in all I do? I must live each day as if it was my last. If I follow Enoch's example, I will walk with God in habitual fellowship and all the little annoyances of life will become insignificant.

So, what about you? How are you spending your dash?

(Full post by Jan Parish at Bold and Free. Picture by Kelli at There is no place like Home).
Have a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that before, and it really is grounding to realize our life is so fast. I pray that my dash becomes a purposeful and loving dash.

Praying you and your family are well and having a blessed weekend.

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I think on these thoughts a lot. Am I spending my time the way God wants me to? I am working on using my time for Him. Love ly site.
xoxo Nita

Denise said...

Your dash is lovely my friend.