Thursday, December 04, 2008

Thankful Thursday-Thanksgiving


“And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.”~ Colossians 3:14-15

Today was one of THOSE days. I woke up in the morning half an hour before anyone else. Made cheese and tomato sandwiches and played with Billy (who is now also called Patch after the character in 101 Dlmatians movie 101 Dalmatians 2: Patch's London Adventure).

I stayed at home to do some laundry, laundry folding and tidying up the children's rooms. An hour after everyone had left, C called me. He was in serious trouble with a cheque he had signed. The money he was expecting hadn't come through and he was about to get into the banks' black list if we couldn't/wouldn't pay before noon.

I dressed up as soon as I could, put our plastic money in a bag and headed for the city center to withdraw what I could. Few steps down the road C drove by. We went to the shop, where he announced the good news: The company's finance manager called to tell him that the company owners had agreed to lend us the money till the week after.

I must confess that I have been steaming through my ears in the past few weeks over the company and the way it has developed, and its relation to us. But today I feel thankful.
I am thankful for our work. I am thankful (as posted on Thanksgiving) for the paycheck, the things I've learned and the fire it's put under our a..
Thankful because we got to live in this beautiful part of Greece.
Thankful because we have expanded our horizons and have been able to live more or less the "green" life that I have always dreamed of.
Thankful because after all is said and done, we came to see the owners' appreciation of our work in this strenuous moment.
Thankful because, although we had a 39% drop in business this year and C had to sell family property, we are alive and well.
I am thankful for our family, for my husband and our life together.
I am thankful for my dear blogging friends who are brightening up my day, every day, surround me with their love and prayers and lead me to a life of Faith in Jesus Christ.
I am thankful for the people we have met along the way in Greece.
I am thankful for the past, I am thankful for the present.
Finally, I am thankful for Iris who hosts Thankful Thursday. Thank you, Iris. It's lovely to touch base with you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thankful heart. Take care.

lambofHisflock said...

What a wonderful post.. thanking God and trusting him through the difficult times is pleasing to God and inspiring to others.. like me. May God bless you and keep you.

Grammy said...

I am so glad things are working out for the best.
Happy Thankful Thursday!

Susan said...

Oh, what a wonderful list.

Glad things got better for you.

Hey, I'm hosting a give a way, come check it out.

Blessings♥

Denise said...

I love your heart.