Monday, May 11, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook-March 11th Edition


For Today... Monday, May 11, 2009

Outside My Window... clouds gathering for our daily dose of afternoon rain. Update:It rains a lot!

I am thinking... about whoever stole one of two carriage pots from my garden, and all the tiny elves. They were there last night and today as I walked C through the door. So someone took them in plain daylight, between 9 and 11 a.m. It makes me so upset and insecure at the same time!

From the learning rooms… F sat the first part of her English exams. Both F and D have one more day at school and then they stop for a week before the yearly finals begin. I took J to the doctor today. He can go to school as of tomorrow. One more month before Primary schools close for summer.

I am thankful for... my husband. I am so not ready to nail people on the wall. That makes me feel a total idiot sometimes, when I think of what I might/ought to have said. But he makes up for my deficiency, thank God.

From the kitchen... it was store bought burgers today. I am very lazy when it comes to cooking these days. I need to start menu planning again.

I am wearing... a white T-shirt and blue capris.

I am reading... Harper's Bazaar from the Sunday papers.

I am hoping... F makes a good presentation tonight of the school's newspaper.

I am creating... J's pirate cross-stitch. I am now embroidering his name. I so miss cross stitching, it keeps my brain in shape. Last week we got a new armchair. It is part of my little corner in the living room, where I can do my cross stitching while everyone else watches TV , without having to follow the action or be in a separate room.

I am hearing... the rain.

I am going... to the launch of the school newspaper this afternoon at a hotel conference center.

Around the house... I must take the summer clothing out and put winter clothing in. Although it's raining in the afternoon, it is hot (c.30C) in the morning.

One of my favorite things... good mail.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week: begin pillow making for my on-line shop!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing…


Florence, Easter 2009. A piano at an open air cafe. I crave civilisation...

Thank you for stopping by, and thank you for hosting. I so much like visiting you and reading your comments. Have a beautiful, blessed week.

3 comments:

Karen said...

How awful that someone stole from your garden!! That is really a shame.

Store bought hamburgers sound good to me! :o)

Karen

Denise said...

So very sorry about your garden sweetie, I love you.

One Mom said...

So sorry about the theft from your garden. Things like that make you feel vulnerable where you should feel safe. Your new armchair sounds great - love the idea of being together yet having your own cozy spot!