Monday, September 28, 2009

Celebrating 12 years of hard work

Goodmorning dear friends,
We came back from the beautiful city of Volos last night just after 10. We chose a longer route, less picturesque, but turns-free. I am fond of the seaside. I think I somehow link walking by the seaside with some distant childhood memories. I took some lovely pictures at dawn and midday from our hotel. I'll have to transfer them to the computer at home and post them.
Today is the big day. The store owner with a delegation of Spanish businessmen that we met yesterday at the conference, is coming to our city. We have put up baloons. The catering people are ready.The new floor is currently being laid downstairs to create some extra shop space. And the last brush strokes of paint are being added. I promise to post photos.
i was also thinking, I never really posted from our summer travels, did I? I must share the beauty with you, my dear friends.
Thank you for thinking of me and our family yesterday. My speach was very well received. The Australian representative asked for a copy of it. Other shop owners asked me if I was in politics or involved in public speaking. My own folks were a bit judgemental. They said I sounded a bit nervous. What did they expect? I haven't spoken in public for some 12 years! I am pleased because I was with it most of the time. I usually live intense moments as if they were a dream. That is why I don't have recollections of my own wedding!

12 years then. I am grateful to God for sending us up here. Otherwise our family wouldn't be what it is today. I am so thankful for our work. I am thankful for the company we work with, its humanity and care for people and the environment. I am thankful for the people we have met and those we shall meet.

You are cordially invited to our party tonight. Be with me, I shall feel you around.

3 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Irene,

Congratulations! I hope you have a lovely evening! {{HUGS}}

Gina

Denise said...

Congrats sweetie, love you.

P. said...

Praise the Lord.
Alfazema