Thursday, January 21, 2010

Inside a fine Greek patisserie

Voila alors the Greek patisserie I talked about in my previous post. It is famous for its millefeuille. Before the company expanded with now 9 shops across the Athens area, people would drive from the other end of the county to buy her sweets.



 

 

 
We brought home a bag of fragrant cookies with moustos (that is juice squeezed out of fresh grapes) and almonds that I keep for my tea, one in the morning, one in the afternoon. We also brought home these beauties. Chocolate pie, chestnut tart and chocolate mousse.

 

 

 

I loved the lemon pie! So light and fluffy!
Here is the link to her website (I keep saying her, because the eponymus owner is a lady!). Hint: Don't skip the introduction!



5 comments:

Tammy said...

WOW! It all looks so beautiful AND delicious! We have NOTHING like that in my city.

Denise said...

Yummy.

Irene said...

Hi Tammy!
Why don't YOU open one, then? Greek women have the love of food running in their veins through (over)nurishing mothers and grand mothers. Galaktoboureko, anyone?

Irene said...

Yes, Denise!
Yummy, indeed! A visual feast first, delicious AND light! All the best!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

That pie is gorgeous!! I'm going to have to remember the way the shop owner decorated it the next time I make a meringue pie.

:)
ButterYum