Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Trully, really, utterly thankful. Since Tuesday our family and our work has been facing a crisis unlike anything we have experienced before, that had me, the children, the in-laws, our Goddaughter and some people who proved to be real friends, on our knees. Today this issue is behind us and I am very, very thankful, and humbled. It will take us and especially C some time to recover, but I hope that God will use this occasion to teach us the lessons He wants us to learn.

In those difficult hours I thankfully managed to stay calm most of the time. I found great comfort and reassurance by reading (and occasionally singing a prayer that is meant for times of distress.

If your family or someone you love, and I know that there is a lot of Godly loving among us, needs a prayer, I wholeheartedly recommend reading this prayer. You can read it in English here where you can also find a audio file.

Below is a video that will give you a real-life idea of how it sounds. But by all means go ahead and read it in plain English remembering to insert the name of those you are praying for.



Thank You for stopping by today, and thank you Iris for hosting.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

That was beautiful! I am glad that this week turned out for you and that for the most part you were calm and at peace. ~

Denise said...

Beyond beautiful, love you.