I have been taking photos of our meals every day this past week. My intention is to show you that it is possible to eat decently and sometimes gourmet, without eating meat, and even without eating cheese. But that will have to wait until I do a decent post.
Today I found this recipe which promises to be delicious, and I want to record it for posterity and share it with you. Here it goes:
Ingredients:
Serves 4
2 jalapenos, finely chopped, seeds removed for less heat (1/4 cup)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
4 kiwi fruits, peeled and diced (1 1/2 cups)
Coarse salt
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
20 large U.S.-farmed shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
2 tablespoons safflower oil
Directions
1.Stir jalapeno and lime juice together. Add kiwi, 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste), and cilantro. Stir to combine.
2.Season shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in a large skillet over high until shimmering. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook without turning until underside is pink, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until opaque throughout, 2 minutes more. Remove from pan and serve immediately with kiwi-lime relish.
Bon Appetit!
(Recipe and photo via Whole Living)


No comments:
Post a Comment