Monday, March 29, 2010

Sprouting tips and a giveaway

I haven't tried sprouting in a while. Today I found a post which makes it look very nice and promising. And to be honest, quite easy, too! We used to do that at school, did you?

Sprouts Using the Marche Method of Sprouting from Seeds of Sustainability. Every sprout looked amazing. This method is so easy. For just a tiny bit of work (germinating and bagging) I get all of these delicious sprouts after 2 days. No rinsing at all! They are nice and sweet. Sprouts are so incredibly good for you. They should be a part of everyone’s daily diet. These lentil sprouts are so sweet and surprisingly have been in my refrigerator for almost a month and still taste great! I also made a crunchy snack out of them. I drizzled a little bit of olive oil over the sprouts, season with sea salt. Put in dehydrator on 105 degrees. Dehydrate until crunchy. These are delicious as a snack or on a salad.

The information above comes from a wonderful new website I have just discovered, called "Vegan Family Healthy Eating". It is Christian, and it is Vegan, and it also deals with children which is a major consideration for me, in trying to keep everyone fed AND happy. Check it out here.

There is also a giveaway (US only) running on the blog till March 31st that you may enter to win a copy of Food, Inc., the film adaptation of Food Inc.: A Participant Guide: How Industrial Food is Making Us Sicker, Fatter, and Poorer-And What You Can Do About It.
The giveaway link is right here.

Happy sprouting!
GG signature

No comments: