Friday, April 09, 2010

2010 Ultimate Blog Party

Ultimate Blog Party 2010





It's Party time!
Oh hello! And welcome. So glad you landed here. If you are new to this place, you may want to know that I post about our family's life in Greece, our travels, our faith, and some cooking, too. If you have stopped by before, welcome back. I shall be glad to stop by your cyberhome and say hello. Before you go, make sure you hit the "Follow" button on my sidebar: we shall thus find each other again.

My welcome present is the following Greek TV advertisement for a beer:



The dialogue between the barman and the heavy metal guys goes like this:

-What drinks have you got?
-Tilia, sage of the house, dittany
-Get us two sage teas...and a tilia tea for me.
-OK.
-Geia mas! (Cheers!)
-That felt like balm, mate!
-Hey, get us a cookie selection. We don't want to get drunk!

"Would you think of life without Amstel?" the ad asks.

As the Greek philosopher and scientist Democritus said and St.John Chrysostom quotes:"A life without festival is a long road withour an inn". So let us rejoice in life's noble pleasures such as our companionship through blogging. 


Here is my list of prizes: INTL 6, 10, 11, 12, 14 

Geia mas!


P.S. I am running a Pink Spring Giveaway at my design/interiors/work blog, Happy Turtle, which you are welcome to join! Click here to go to the giveaway post.

GG signature

20 comments:

Denise said...

I love your new blog look.

Heather Truckenmiller said...

So nice to meet you - I am enjoying your posts!

http://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/p/2010-ultimate-blog-party.html

Launa said...

Visiting from UBP! Love your super cute blog!

Staci A said...

Very interesting commercial, lol!

joeandbridge said...

Hi there! Just popping in from OBP to be your newest Google Follower. Hope you can swing by my blog. You have a lovely blog! Have a great weekend!

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
www.groschengoblins.com

Christina said...

Christina - xristya@rock.com - Very creatively-conceived commercial! Thanks for sharing it! I also love the name of your site! I'm a non-blogger (write for a living and that's enough writing for me each day!) but I READ blogs, and am also a poet, journalist, artist, did a local TV program on the arts and am now reviewing for http://www.musicroomreviews.com and http://www.movieroomreviews.com, the ones that say Written by Christina on the top and bottom of the review!

Debbie Z. Lattuga said...

I'm visiting from the Ultimate Blog Party! Whoo Hooo! I love helping busy mom's tap into their creativity!

Great video!

Em. said...

I also frequently wonder what life would be like without beer ... and then I shudder violently and banish those terrible thoughts from my head.

Enjoy the rest of the party!

<3
Em @ http://avgradical.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

delightful blog! Hope you're enjoying the party.

Rebecca said...

Hi there so nice to met you. Stopping by from the blog party. Love to get to know you better ~ you can find me over at The Blessings of Modern Domestication

http://theblessingsofmoderndomestication.blogspot.com/2010/04/knock-knock-im-joining-party.html

Cheers to you and yours! Rebecca

Candice said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog (Fashionably Organized). Happy partying.

Sabrina said...

That was hysterical in any language! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Nice to meet you! I'm stopping by for the UBP. My family loves all things Greek! We named our daughter, Penelope.

I hope you can stop by our blog: http://inspiredgiftsblog.blogspot.com
Inspiredgifts.com is a mom owned newly launched site.

Have a beautiful day
Rebecca

Guthrie Family of 5 said...

just stopping by from UBP but I wanted to say your blog looks great .

The Shopping Mama said...

Great to "meet" you. I traveled to Greece in the summer of 2004 (oh my god that was a long time ago!) and loved it. So beautiful.

TLF said...

Hi.. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Merry Happy UBP!!!
XOXO~

Unknown said...

Happy UBP!! I look forward to reading more from you. It is nice to meet new blog friends

Veronika said...

Thank You for stopping by my blog for the party... Happy blog partying to you! :)

Heather said...

Nice to meet you. I am looking forward to reading about Greece...such an interesting country. Please drop say hello.

www.heathersviewfromtheshoe.blogspot.com

Sugar & Spice and Frugal Advice said...

Cute blog. Nice to stop by from UBP.

http://www.sweetfrugaladvice.com/2010/04/5-minutes-for-mom-ultimate-blog-party.html