Friday, July 09, 2010

I do like being good

After i wrote the previous post, C and I had a little talk. Generally speaking, I avoid confrontation, I said, but honestly, i cannot stand the woman, she crossed every line.
i know, he said. you are puting up with her for 16 years, i'm puting up with her all my life.


Later in the evening, we were packing some items we shall be sending to a customer in Athens. It was way past shop hours. There was a light breeze, bringing the scent of roses from our landlord's garden. Traffic was slowing down. The lights of the shop were bright against the night.


Yes, the grass is getting tall, and we need to clean the windows, and we have to clean some old stuff out of the way, and get ready for the summer sales. 

Earlier i had assisted an old customer. i advised her on how to take care of a bed that she had bought years ago. And it felt good; I felt good.

i often say to myself i must be tougher.  but then i think i would miss summer afternoons, when the breeze is fragrant and i enjoy working overtime.



GG signature

2 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

beautiful roses!
yes, I agree, it feels good to be good!

Denise said...

I love you my friend.