Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My husband brought me from Athens...

C came home from Athens tonight. Praise God! The house feels so silent when he is not around! He came loaded with...

...stories from the aeroplane.
He told us how he sat by an equally oversized gentleman to whom he said: "Don't you think they should have put us on opposite sides to help keep the plane in balance?" Poor guy he was so scared he didn't move from his seat for the whole flight!

...stories from relatives he hadn't seen for awhile
A relative owns a pharmacy at the very heart of Athens. Her husband has undergone six by passes all caused by stress and anxiety. They feel they are besieged by scores of illegal third world immigrants as well as native leftist supporters of multiculturalism who threaten to burn down the pharmacy.

...tales of a new shopping center
where, always an authentic, he chose to have souvlaki over TGI Fridays!

...the airline's on flight magazine with some lovely places to stay and eat in Athens and all around Greece (I promise to show you the very best)

 ...and photos of places he thought I'd like to see (and post about!)

We all love VW in this family!

The shop window of French cosmetics company L' Occitane
 He did not buy anyone anything. Besides, I have yet to find the Facebook and Twitter apps I downloaded on my mobile (thankfully, they are free :) We were so pleased to have him back that we served pizza and coke on the balcony to celebrate.

Notice the planted basil centerpiece? A natural mosquito repellent!
Tomorrow I am going to post a step by step guide on making stuffed veggies or gemista! A summertime must! Hope to see you around. Have a great new week!


GG signature

1 comment:

Denise said...

Glad he is home safe, love you.