We were having an early afternoon lunch on Saturday, with C and the kids, to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had nearly finished dessert when he told me slowly: "You know, I might need to go to Athens one of these days". I lifted my head and kept my breath. Good God. It is not that I am not sad about his aunt. But I was litterally holding my breath until he told me what that was about.
He is now in Athens. He didn't want to drive, so he took the airplane. He hadn't travelled by airplane on an internal flight for some 40 years! God willing, he will be back tomorrow evening.
I made my first phone call from my i-phone, my wedding anniversary present, as he was landing in Athens airport. I had wanted an i-phone for ages, and apparently the right time came. I have to do the work now, and upload stuff and synch it with everything, but it is worth it. The controls are so easy, really on my fingertips. Great device.
I am posting below a song that C made me listen to, last night. I think it sums up how I feel about all of this. Plus it helps me keep him closer while he is away..:(
He is usually a classical music fan which is not easy to live with most of the time, given my mood history, but he is currently going through an Elvis phase right now, which is rather fun. What a velvety voice Elvis had!..
I wish you a very blessed week.
1 comment:
I love you my friend.
Post a Comment