Hello, dear friends,
I am glad to be posting on Thankful Thursday again.
Today
I am thankful for staying at home and being a housewife: doing the laundry and cooking, and taking care of my kids' clothes, and watching morning TV!
Today,
I am thankful for our work. We do our best to be cheerful and helpful with our customers, despite the gloom of the economic situation and the yoke of the IMF.
I am thankful for our kids. Waiting for them for lunch, taking them in my arms, following their lives gives meaning and rythm to our lives.
I am thankful for my husband. Two people with common principles being together in life, is a God sent blessing.
I am thankful for our home. It is our shelter and refuge. Last night we used the fire place. Everyone, including our cat, joined.
I am thankful for my blogging friends.I so love our community, and each of you.
I am thankful for church, and all the transformations we have experienced (and with me, you, my Thankful Thursday friends, that have read along our story). My husband was going to be away on Saturday and Sunday. He managed to find another way to go around his trip, and he said we may go to church together on Sunday!
I am thankful for your prayers (you know who you are!). I am praying God's angels watch over you all.
Today we meet at Lynn's of Spiritually Unequal Marriage. She asks us to "Post ten things that make you uniquely you". This needs alot of thought, because I do not think I am that special, but I'll try.
1. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I like giving away smalll presents like lavender bags to our customers and I like offering them a tea or coffee or an orange juice when they visit.
2.On the other hand, my attention outside work switches off when people are rude or absorbed by their own self importance.
3.I like reading romantic books. I read one or two every year. I must tell you about them.
4.I also like magazines. Home and women's.
5. I love receiving mail. This is one reason I subscribe to some American, English and French magazines. The other reason is that it's cheaper than geting them at the newsstand.
6.Even if I don't do anything else by way of housework, I like making our bed. It feels homey and welcoming, and it gives me the feeling of well being that I need to recharge for the afternoon shift.
7.I have a weakness for marbled cake. When I was little most of my class mates were getting a nice fat slice at school. As my mom was constantly on a diet and my grand father was diabetic, I didn't get such treat. Thankfully, our best man's wife who knows this, makes one every time we visit them.
8. I didn't know it myself, but F told me today:
-Hmm! The house smells lovely. Did you stay at home, today?
-Yes, why?
-Every time we have chicken with potatoes in the oven, you have stayed at home".
Probably true :-)
9. I blog whenever I can: from work on a brake, from home late at night, from the dining table, right now!
10.I have a cerificate in Ballroom dancing. Fro my graduation I waltzed to Elvis' "Are you lonesome tonight".
Wow! I got to nr.10! Thank you for stoping by today and every day. I pray your heart will always be filled with gratefulness and God's joy.
P.S. I just saw that this is my 1500 post! I am very thankful for that, too!

6 comments:
G'eve Irene ~ It could have been writing 6 of the 10 about myself. So enjoyed your write.
loveleightreasures@gmail.com
How cool that you are a ballroom dancer! It's been fun visiting your blog and getting to know you.
What a great list and WOW on your 1500th post! That is amazing!
Beautifully said, and I enjoyed reading about these details of your life!!! Have a great day and thanks for your generous and sweet comments, it cheered me up after I started the day feeling a bit gloomy.
I loved this post.
Irene,
What a delightful post that just reveals all those amazing character traits you have.
Delightful in every way. So glad you shared more of you. hugging you and see you again this Thursday. Love, Lynn
Post a Comment