I very rarely win things. Living outside the U.S. I am flooded by offers from free subscriptions to gift vouchers that I can no longer use. Same goes with the blogging world...or almost!
Back in December, Camy of Camy's Loft put up a book draw for Meredith Efken's @HOME for the Holidays.
Now, I like to stop over at Camy's now and then because she is such a good spirited person, publishes interesting interviews with authors I hardly know, and those authors are all writing from a Christian point of view. Now, chick lit from a Christian point of view...hmmm...that's interesting I thought.
Anyway, I checked it over, as I wouldn't like to enter for a book that might not be my cup of tea but someone else might love, and I dully entered my name. Some days later, Camy e-mailed me, announcing that I had won the prize draw and asked me for my address. I gave her my address, thanked her and waited for the book. And waited...And waited...
Now, don't get me wrong, but at some stage I lost hope. I thought that either because of the holiday rush Camy forgot to send it (I forgot a couple of regular Christmas cards receivers, so no big deal) or just got lost (again, no blame, a misspelling in a foreign name is not big deal either).
I got home from work today, and as I was walking through the front door, I checked my mailbox, as I do every day. A brown envelope was waiting for us. Let me tell you, I love receiving mail. When an envelope reaches me with a postcard, or photos of friendly faces, and a few kind lines, reminding me that although I am not with my friends, they still remember us and care to drop us a line, I am thrilled.
When C asked me "Do we know anyone called Camy Tang?", I replied mindlessly "I don't. Perhaps you do". No bells ringing. Then I looked at the envelope. It read "Thanks for entering my blog book giveaway". Blog?Book? Oh My God!
I haven't read the book yet, so I cannot tell you what I think of it. If you have read it, do let me know. And please stop by at Camy's. You are in for a chick- lit ride. And, who knows? You may be the next winner!
Thank you Camy!
2 comments:
I'm so glad it finally got to you! I was worried when you said you hadn't gotten it. Man, so it took 3 months? 4 months? Sorry about that.
Camy
very cool!! Congratulations on the win!
Post a Comment