I am upset because another two men died today. They were pilots trying to put out a fire, one of the many that ramage throughout Greece. Their death brings the toll to five dead men in ten days. I am angry because so much money is being spent by the uber rich who are unashamedly showing off their wealth in the glossies, while their country burns and fire fighters die of exhaustion. Some 300 fires in less than a month!..
Today the temperature didn't fall below 40 C. The forecast for the next few days til Thursday is for temperatures rising up to 45 degrees and that's under shadow.
Today I am grateful for air conditioning. I try to use it sparingly, thinking of the vast consumption of energy, so I let it work for 15 min, then let it rest, and switch it on when we have customers in.
Our computers are ill, both at work and at home. Probably a nasty virous. We will send them away tomorrow morning. So, no computer this week.
On Sunday we went to our favorite beach. As we immersed ourselves in the familiar waters of the Ionian Sea, taking in the perfume of the sea and the olive trees, it crossed my mind:
Happily, God is in the little things, and once we find them, we'd better treasure them and let them know we love them oh so much!
1 comment:
You are so right Irene, God is in the little things.
Post a Comment