Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Christmas Spirit



I love Christmas. Nomatter what you may tell me about Santa Claus existing or not, and it being a commercial holiday, I will not forsake it. I am perfectly aware of the commercialisation of the holiday. The spirit of indulgence in every step, so much vulgarity around. This is actually what makes me feel sick in my stomach (how very appropriate these days!).

So when dear, dear Annie offered me this wonderful award, I was delighted. I am delighted. Thank you, Annie! You deserve this. Believe and believe even more!
This is my first Christmas present this year, and I am glad for that.

Here is what Santa's blog says about this award:

"What is the Spirit of Christmas you ask?
Quite simply it is those that have a generous and giving nature. Those who care about others.Those who have a kind word to say or a broad shoulder to lean on in the times that others need that. Those who display the "spirit of Christmas".

This is the only award that I am releasing that you may pass on to others. I am giving it to five and you should too.Those that have touched your heart with their kind and giving and caring nature".

There are quite a few pople who are a blessing in the blogging community.
Denise, because she loves so much and so deeply the One who is the reason for the season.
Bridget, because your posts are warm, thoughtful and helpful.
Merisi isn't into awards, I know, but Thank You. Besides you are one of the best equiped for Christmas. Looking forward to Christmas in Vienna!
Halfpintpixie, is a loving, breastfeeding, vegan mum who cares for herself, for others and the Earth. Wishing you a Merry Season!
Terri who is right now with her husband in China to meet her daughter Ella. Wishing your family Love and Joy!

I want you to know that I appreciate your kindness and friendship. God bless you all.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, thank you so much!! I am so honored that you thought of me. Have a wonderful weekend.

Bridget

Anonymous said...

thanks! this is my first award!

We have a tradition here of keeping all Christmas celebrations until after Hallowe'en, so I hope you won't mind if I add this award to my blog next week :)