
Hello,
Today I would like to show you my personal favorite work of art. In recent years there has been a turn toward the handmade as opposed to the mass produced, and I am very much for it.
This is the work of artist and illustrator Vanessa Valencia that I came across and loved it instantly.
Vanessa has used prints from old cook books as well as her own strokes of whimsy and artistry to create this little work of beauty. It now sits over my desk and I cherish it. Thank you, Vanessa.
Today I would like to show you my personal favorite work of art. In recent years there has been a turn toward the handmade as opposed to the mass produced, and I am very much for it.
This is the work of artist and illustrator Vanessa Valencia that I came across and loved it instantly.
Vanessa has used prints from old cook books as well as her own strokes of whimsy and artistry to create this little work of beauty. It now sits over my desk and I cherish it. Thank you, Vanessa.


For more Show and Tell, please visit our host Kelli at There Is No Place Like Home. Have a great week end.
12 comments:
That is really a fun picture. I bet you get a lot of compiments on it. I agree handmade items warm the heart.
Take care,
Connie
Oh it's just lovely, I would certainly have it in pride of place on my wall. I like that it has used the print from an old cook book. Handmade art is so precious.
That is so unique. Like you said, it is not massed produced and makes it one of a kind!!!
[by the way, have I ever told you my daughter's name is Irene?]
Happy Show N Tell day.
What a great idea this artist came up with. There are so many wonderful illustrations in cookbooks, etc. The one you chose is easy to enjoy! Blessings...
Very neat... :D
how fun!
I like your cherry picture. I think it is neat when we are able to have handmade things around us.
Thanks for sharing,
Jane
What a nice piece of art. It looks so cheery and happy with the bright colors. Thank you for sharing. :)
Hi Irene :) That piece is so much fun, so cheerful! I can see why it's your favorite. Thanks for sharing it today. Blessings! Q
That is awesome! I'm sure you display it with pride. I've never seen anything quite like it. Thanks so much for sharing. I think handmade items are special and I often make things as gifts.
What a fabulous, creative idea! Love it.
What a cute and sweet picture!
Kelli
Post a Comment