Friday, January 04, 2008

8 in 2008


I first saw this posted at Iris', followed her link to Extravagant Grace, thought about it for a while (because I no longer want to make promises that I cannot keep, least of all to myself), and decided to join in.
Why?First because I need some structure and focus as I lend God a hand in pulling myself together, and being accountable to likeminded friends is great help, and second because it is something I can do that does not make me anxious when I think about it.
There is a third reason. I love the number 8. When I was 18, I sat exams for a Greek University while I was expecting my results for UCCAS in London. I was accepted, 5th in rank, at the School of Interpretation and Translation in Corfu. I opted for Archaeology in London instead, but meanwhile I got a student's number from Corfu: It was 888. Jesus' number. Only I did not believe then and did not let myself accept to do what I now know was best suited for me. Still this number follows me in a comforting way.That is the story of my inner love for number 8.


So, I shall post my 8 in 2008 on January 8th. Do drop by Extravagant Grace and join in if you like.It is easy to play along. Just pick out 8 things you'd like to see, do, feel, or experience in 2008! Your list can be spiritual, physical, or emotional, but hopefully not too material! If the Lord leads you, dream big as you share your heart's desires with Him along with a willingness to see His work accomplished in you and through you in 2008.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Irene, I am so glad to have you on board! There is quite a sweet circle of ladies taking part in this 8 in 2008. Looking forward to reading your post on the 8th!

Blessings,
Elisa

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I can't wait to read your EIGHT!

Denise said...

So happy that you are going to be a part of this sweetie, love you.

ellen b. said...

You're on my blog today...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2008/01/03/show-tell-bloggy-world-prizes/

Sharon said...

Looking forward to your 8.