Friday, February 15, 2008

8 in 2008-January

Oh I have missed the 8th! I am sorry! It kept coming to my mind this week, though. So, better late than never!
My "8" were/are:
1. Exercise. Run twice on the treadmill. Walked for 20min. twice. Not bad, not good either. I have to try more. Leaving home at 9a.m. to be back at 10 p.m. is just exhausting. I don't have the courage to go on the treadmill. Fortunately, I have began taking Wednesdays off again, so I can at least devote one morning. Let's see.

2.Menu. I have done my Menu Monday plans. We still eat fast food kind of food though. I look forward to us moving to our new home. Eating food cooked on the previous day has taken its toll on my. I'm just not happy eating like that anymore, even if it is healthier than eating out. I also look forward to warmer days. I cannot say I look forward to salad when it is freezing outside.

3.Complete Reading. I am pleased to say that with God's grace and my homeopath's gingo prescription, reading is going better. I read more, and I concentrate more. I look forward to the evening reading "Get Out Of that Pit", and saying a prayer.

4.Faith. I have been challenged at times, hearing a little voice saying:"You don't really think this feeling better happens because of God. There are other ways of feeling good". I try to be wide awake and say my Kyrie Eleison to send away the thoughts that have ruined me in the past. God makes me happy. I want to stay this way.

5.Friends. I have concentrated on visitng more the people that I care about, reading their posts and commenting. I have also tried to visit back and leave a comment if I liked the new visitor's content. I have also been in touch with a couple of French friends whom I've known for some 26 years. The typical exchange of Christmas cards was replaced by warm e-mailing. It just took a little more effort, writing a few more words and sending some pictures. Isn't that amazing?

6.Blogging. I am trying to put it to perspective. I want it to be more meaningful. More true. Less superficial, which isn't , to be fair to myself, but I need to reassess that. I am not going to stop blogging, though, I don't want to distance myself from the people of Faith that I have met and have grown fond of.

7.Interior Design. I haven't started yet. But I hopw to begin in the Spring.

8.Try New Things. I haven't done much, but I try not to go without my camera and took some interesting pictures.

I hope to do more next month! Thank you, Extravagant Grace for this opportunity to set priorities and focus.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoyed your goals, bless you.

Lisa said...

Hi Irene,

I'm so glad you jumped in! Better late than never. We're on God's timetable, anyway! The best part of 8 in 2008 is the reminder of things that we thought we're important a month ago and looking at how they play out with the passing of time.

I pray you will be encouraged by this accountability and continue on the journey of faith the Lord is putting on your heart!

Stop by EG anytime!

Blessings,
Elisa