
There are lots of things I've said I'd do and I don't do. Like posting often. Copying that not on the back of the envelope and expand on it. Posting photos from a trip. Updating my work blog. Et cetera. But I did remember it was the 8th, and that I've said I'd do this, so let's check what I did last month.
1.Exercise. Not much, I am afraid. What I did do was go on a diet (I can hear you!..). I have made up my mind on this, and made it rather difficult to stray. It's not the easiest way, and I know it will take about a year for me to reach my goal weight. But I must, before I hit 40. I did manage to step on the treadmill a couple of times. Nothing more. I did some walking with my diet buddy. But I clearly need to work on the exercise field.
2.Menu. I haven't been constant on that level, either. But I had an idea that will be helpful to anyone who wants to slowly lose weight. That will be effective starting next Monday, so watch this space!
3.Complete Reading. Yes! I did that! I am so happy about it! I am currently reading a book by Anthony Bloom, called "School for Prayer". I anly began yesterday, and I have heard the best about the author. You may read more about him here and here. Don't skip this one!
4.Faith. I am so humbled to say this in public, but I will dare stand up and say to you that GOd has been working on me and my faith. The almighty God on me, the tiniest little bug of His huge, extravagant creation. But yes, He is. And I love Him so very much for having mercy on me and giving me His holy hand to hold on to while He brings me to the Light.
5.Friendship. God has blessed me with wonderful blogging friends who are such beautiful examples of Faith. He is also blessing me with a faith companion. She is the teacher of D and J at school. I have spoken bad about her and the school when I was not Christian and I have told her so. I am so grateful for her. I am also grateful for her husband and family. I pray with all my heart that her husband and my husband will continue to get closer spiritually and that my husband will become a Christian. Same for my children. Whenever God decides to do so.
6.Blogging. Hmm! I have been photo-blogging lately. I need to write though and communicate with you, my friends, so that remains a target.
7.Interior Design. Lots of doubts and problems at work, where we should move, how to expand. I need to ask for God's guidance on that field, too.
8.Trying new things. Photography is offering me great pleasure. I enjoy capturing moments of our beautiful world. Sewing is my challenge for April.
Ouf! I am so glad I finished this post. Thank you Extravagant Grace for hosting this. I may not be doing as much as I would like, but I am moving! So sorry I don't visit more often (note to self and #6: I need to update my links to reflect who I am now).
6 comments:
Bless you sweetie, I think you are doing really great.
Beautiful blog and your post for 8 for 2008! Wonderful!!
I'm so glad you joined in this month. I was encouraged to hear about your growing faith and prayers for your husband. May the Lord bless you and keep you in this month ahead.
Blessings,
Elsia
Liked your goals and your post...you are right on...as one that is nearing 44...definitely deal with the fluff before 40...
Bless you ,
Helen
Liked your goals and your post...you are right on...as one that is nearing 44...definitely deal with the fluff before 40...
Bless you ,
Helen
Progress is the key ~ and you've definitely made some! I think our successes can't just be measured in whether or not the end goal was actually reached, but in the progress we've made. Sometimes that's the biggest hurdle. Keep at it and you'll surprise yourself by the end of the year!!
Post a Comment