This week Annie influenced by her gorgeous daughter's prom party, asks us to travel back to your junior or senior high prom…Did you go all out? What did your dress look like?
Who did you go with? Any special memories from prom night?
Now that's a sweet time to remember, isn't it? I do remember it, though, to be honest , I don't mind not to!
I went to the dance with my mum. She was very strict and overprotective, and wouldn't let me go anywhere without her, because she was afraid of "what people might say...". So, I went to the prom wearing a pair of black trousers and a white shirt, accompanied by a hounds tooth Chanel-kind of jacket in black and white, and a pair of black Sebago loafers.
I know, I didn't look like a fairy tale princess, rather like a company executive.
My date was waiting for me at the ball. I was very shy and didn't really like him, though he had my mom's approval. I do remember someone telling me I looked beautiful. I know I didn't look the part, but I am still grateful he said it at an embarrassing moment like that! (Thanks D!)
Did anything nice come out of that prom, 21 years ago? Well, yes. The Ancient Greeks had a saying "There exists no evil without some good", or "Every cloud has a silver lining" as we'd say today.
Here is the good part: When my husband and I first dated, I was wearing those same clothes!
Thank you for the time travel, Annie!
7 comments:
Such nice memories.
Thank you for your visit and comment, so beautiful. As always, is a plesure to read what you write.
Glad you found your silver lining!!
Thank you for sharing your unique story with us! I like the silver lining! :)
Great story Irene.
The mom thing would have been embarassing for me. But, you gotta love how they look out for us. Sweet memory about your hubby.
Thanks for sharing your special memories.
Hi! I blog tagged you. I hope you'll play along. Check out the tag rules here.
All the best,
K T Cat
Post a Comment