Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thankful Thursday-Love


Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
~ 1 Corinthians 13:2-7

This has been my favorite verse on Americana afghans, and as far as I can recall the one verse from the Gospel that first touched my heart.

I am thankful for God's love. He has not forsaken His lost sheep. He has come looking for me and my family. I am thankful.
I am thankful for my family. They are my life.
I am thankful for people who love me.
I am thankful for the hope that God offers to our lives in a world that is full of darkness and fear. He said so Himself:
"In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world"
(John 16:33).
I am thankful for blogging and my friends. I never believed I would find myself among so beautiful, graceful, faithful ladies.
Thank you Iris for TT!


7 comments:

Denise said...

I am very thankful for your friendship, be blessed.

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for you Irene and for getting to visit you weekly. Blessings to you.

Sheila said...

Ohhhh me too! So thankful that He goes after His lost sheep!!!

Sheila

Carrie said...

The text you quoted is precious. It gives us perspective for our daily concerns.

Melanie said...

A wonderful list of blessings God has give to you.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

blah said...

Thank you so much for reminding me of what is really important:-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Irene for your lovely post. God bless you.