Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thankful Thursday-Time

Hello, dear Thankful Thursday friends,
Thank you for stopping by, thank you for sharing your thoughts and for being such a great guidance and inspiration to me.

This week I realised I have been facing a spiritual challenge. When I was sending into the web New Age messages, I was receiving visits or was attracted by Christian ladies' blogs. The hand of God was reaching out to save the little goat that I am, jumping astray here and there in the dark forest of spirituality.
Now that I have made my peace with God and I try to figure out the pieces of my faith puzzle, I receive mail and comments from unknown people that are full of doubt and all sorts of "alternative" views.
I have been tempted to read a couple of them and click their sites, and that confirmed how fragile my faith still is.
I have deleted those comments and e-mails, but it seems I needed the shake up. I am only at the beginning of the route. I need to take time and walk the walk.

I am thankful that God has allowed me to slip just a little, but not too much, so that I may humbly ask Him for His guidance and strength. It's just a snap, my dear friends, just a blink of the eye before we fall, or at least I fall.
I am thankful for reading again a Christian book in the evening, a habit that puts my soul at ease.
I am thankful for a girl that came at the shop today, selling icons. It makes a difference after the drug addicts and gypsies that harass people.
I am thankful for the little kitten that came our way. The children wanted so much a pet, since both are cats passed away a couple of years ago. They now look forward to going home and feeding and playing with him.
I am thankful for the progress in our home. It seems we shall be able to move in next month.
Most of all, I am thankful for our family and for God's benevolent hand.

And thank you Iris, for making me think and count my blessings.

Have a blessed rest of the week.

9 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for God to watch over you my dear friend, I love you.

Susie said...

I just found your site, and I am praying for you right now. I know God will give you strength to fight any temptation that may arise. What a beautiful heart I see in your words!

Anonymous said...

Praise God that He used the internet and the Christian witness there to extend the salvation message to you. We are all sinners and will be until the end but we have been redeemed. It is easy to slip with all of the tempation out there in the world. That is just what the enemy is hoping we will do. I pary that you will beging to grow and learn as a new Christian. The Father will give you strength to fight these outside influences. Anytime, I see a comment or email which looks suspicious, it gets reported as spam. We have to be alert for all the subtle ways they enter our world.
Thank you for sharing with us. Go to the Christian Women Online sight to connect with other women who believe.
Mama Bear

Addicted to Beadz said...

Irene,

Praying for you that you will be able to identify these people who do not speak God's truth. There are many people like that in this world and we must be ready at all times. So thankful that you identified this. Our Father was watching out for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had the strength to delete the tempting emails. I truly admire your honesty. I enjoy reading your blog.

bp said...

Praise God for helping you through! Thanks for stopping by. Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Those shakes are necessary sometimes - help us to test our faith.

Thank God for you and the strength you have through the grace of God.

You'll be in my prayers. God bless

Blessedw5mom said...

Praise God for His Truths that set us Free! I'm praying God continue to guide and bless you. Thanks for your T.T. post

Blessings~ Heather at
Growing in rejoicing

Melanie said...

What a blessing that God shows us the way if we are willing to listen. God Bless You as you continue your journey.

Have a blessed holiday weekend!