Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday-His Word


Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I have sworn an oath and confirmed it, to keep your righteous rules. I am severely afflicted; give me life, O Lord, according to your word! Accept my freewill offerings of praise, O Lord, and teach me your rules.
~ Psalm 119:102-108

Hello to everyone. Just a quick note today. I want God to know that I am grateful for all that He is offering us AND to thank you for all your prayers and good wishes.
C had a difficult week with his parents. They refuse to help us in any way, they blame us / me for our decisions. They blame us / me for having children. They blame us for not staying in the same house with them. It's just getting more and more insane. I try to be encouraging without sounding like blaming his parents.
I find consolation in the New Testament that I read before I go to sleep. I cannot tell you how comforting it is and how it is changing my troubled heart.
Yesterday C paid me one of the nicest compliments I have heard from him. He had just hung up from another phonecall with his mother. He called me on my mobile to let me know what she said. I told him that I do not mind, as long as we are together as a family, healthy and loving God and each other. He paused and told me that that was the best phone call he has received for me in fifteen years (we are going to celebrate our 14th anniversary next July).
Really, honestly, my dear friends, when all is said and done, that is all I care about.
Very many thanks to God, to you and to Iris for hosting this. I really look forward to Thursday every week.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, I feel your pain with difficult inlaws-we have walked there as well-in time, things can be healed-and With God, ALL Things Are Possible!
Blessings

Sheila said...

Leaving the parents and cleaving to each other can be very painful and yet very securing at the same time. I find great security and oneness in my mate when even my own parents or in laws are a source of pain and division.

I also will be married 15 years come this fall.

Keep praying for your in laws and treating them with unearned kindness just as our Lord did and cleave to your husband!

bless you
sheila

Anonymous said...

In-laws can be so difficult. You sure have a good attitude about it. Good for you.
I enjoyed looking at the pictures on your blog. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh Irene,

I am so inspired by you. You could have reacted with anger and hurt because I bet the call from mom was not nice. Yet, the Lord lives in you and you gave a wonderful gift to your husband in those word.

God bless you Irene. Be blessed in your new home.

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene, you are blessed. Sometimes we need thorns to help us appreciate the roses...

Glad you're moving to your house...loved the pictures. You are in my prayers.

Blessings...

eph2810 said...

Oh, Irene, I am so sorry to read that your in-laws are giving you such a hard time moving in to the new home. I know that is a good thing for you and your family. You are right - staying together as a family and loving each other is the best thing... You have such a wonderful family.
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us, despite the hurt from your in-laws...

Be blessed today and always!