
Hello dear home making, life appreciating ladies,
It feels so good to be back into blogging and visiting you all again:-)
I so much love the Autumn! The air is fragrant and fresh, the rain is refreshing after the long, dry summer, and simple pleasures that are close to my heart such as cooking and dressing up with colorful cardigans get so much more interesting for me!
In this part of the world there is no such thing as Halloween, so there are no pumpkins around, nor tricks and treats and no Thanksgiving in sight. Gladly we do live in the provinces where finding pumpkins is feasible, though people often wonder why I have them on display. Besides, here are very few people I know of who like cooking with them.
My daughters always longed for some American celebration, but when they were younger I felt uncomfortable with it because there was no one else to celebrate with, so we were always postponing it. Now that they are quite grown up to ask and receive, gifts from heaven began dropping upon us, and I'd love to share them with you.
So, this is our entrance.
Just in time for celebration came a parcel from Lallee's Cottage. We all oughed and ahhed over the beautiful, juicy, crochetted pumpkins that brought such a festive flair to our entry hall.
Some other time in the past I would have wished I'd had made them myself. But time and some reflection upon life make me feel grateful for the lovely, creative people who add their skills of beauty and creation to my life. Yes, dear friends, blessed abundance doesn't mean making it all yourself and burning up in the process. So relax and enjoy, and be very very grateful for the beauty around us.
As some of you know, back in June we moved into our new home. During September we had the backyard planted with some trees and grass. We planted our aging fir tree and tiny apple tree. We also bought two maple trees. One turns yellow in the Autumn, the other red.
This is the red one, that has began shedding her leaves. Don't they look like jewells on the green grass?
Wishing you a very happy Autumn.
9 comments:
Thank you for your very kind Etsy note and comments on your blog. They have made my day! I am so surprised your package came to you so quickly. Enjoy your autumn. Maybe you will start a new trend in Greece decorating for fall ;-) I would love to add your blog to my sidebar.
Hugs,
Lallee
I love the pumpkins and pomegranates! Beautiful fall things. You know how much I'd love to see Greece first hand!
Glad to hear from you today. Hope all is well.
love & hugs.
I would gladly give up the American traditions to live there! Wow! Beautiful *U*
I hope your maples do well for you, they don't do so well down here in TX but I love looking at (and drooling over) them. The display is VERY AUTUMN, don't ya think? Love it! Sweet (stress free) crochet pumpkins, and incredible pomagrates! Thank you for sharing today:)
Your entrance is so lovely with all those pumpkins and pomegranates. I LOVE pomegranates and those look so juicy!
Michelle :)
Those crocheted pumpkins are so cute! Happy Autumn!~
Hi there. Those are so beautiful!!! I love your blog by the way... I am also Greek, and I am aspiring to be green. Thanks for the info.
Danielle
Thanks, this was an awesome post! I loved reading about your daughters wanting to celebrate holidays. Your entryway display is beautiful. You did a wonderful job on it! Thanks for sharing it with us :). I look forward to reading the rest of your blog now :).
Please feel free to visit my blog anytime.
What a beautiful display for your entry. I love the crocheted pumpkins. I can imagine how wonderful those fresh pomegranates are - I have some in my kitchen as well, but I'm sure they aren't nearly as fresh and wonderful as your are straight from the farm! Lovely blog - Kathy
Post a Comment