I am at work, and it's getting dark. C bought some wood and is currently stashing it outside the den. During the holidays shops stay open all day, so in the past few days we have stayed at the shop all day. Reminded me of the old days, before we moved house, when we did that every day. Gosh, how did I manage all those years?
I have put up last year's decorations, as the new ones weren't getting anywhere near. At last the company sent them and they'll be here tomorrow, so I shall be decorating and changing sheets and the like. I was hoping to do some baking tonight. May be not. I already feel sleepy and there is tons of laundry to do.
Today C and I drove to the old city. I like walking in that part of the town, the smell of freshly ground coffee, the old craftsmen bent over their handicrafts. C said we could take the children and visit on Saturday. There aren't many left, as they're being pushed out by more "modern" materials and the ready made.
In other news, we are looking for a bride for Taki the cat. We are against medical procedures in this household , if we can help it, so now we are waiting for the right one to show up. I wonder what I'll do when time comes for my children to marry!
We stopped eating dairy today, as part of the feasting for Christmas. It can become challenging, especially when it is winter, and you/I/we need something warm to eat particularly in the evening. But we'll manage I think. I'm glad the children don't make a fuss about it as long as there is some sort of potato dish in the menu!
C will be delivering beds and a dining table and benches tomorrow. As we are in the heart of the mainland, most nearby towns are on an one to two hour drive radius.
OK, I'd better be getting ready to go home and make a soup of some kind. It's getting colder and as the weather men said, it's going to get rainy, too. Oh I love winter!
2 comments:
Take care my sweet friend.
How wonderful to walk around and see so much history and beauty!
It's cold here too... it was 16 degrees yesterday all day long!
Blessings to you and your family Irene!
Post a Comment