Monday, December 29, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook~Dec. 29


For Today... I am planning the New Year's eve and New Year's day special treats.
Outside My Window... cars and a new shop on the making across the street.
I am thinking... of my kids.
From the learning rooms… no school till January 8th, but they must begin doing their holiday homework today.
I am thankful for... spending the holidays at home with my husband and children, going to church and doing as we pleased. That's how holidays are meant to be. In fact, that's how life is meant to be.
From the kitchen... as C is going to be out of town, we're going to have store bought burgers to cheer up the kids. We really can't eat properly when we are not together around the table.
I am wearing... black cord trousers, black turtleneck sweater, an orange v-neck tunic, black tights and shoes.
I am reading... two additions that I love: A Year of Mornings: 3191 Miles Apart a visual feast, sharing the everyday of two bloggers' worlds, sensitive, intelligent and relaxing, and The Thrift Book: Live Well and Spend Less by one of my favorite writers, India Knight. There are lots of books on thrift out there, but this one is witty, on the spot and doesn't make you feel deprived.
I am hoping... to spend a lovely New Year's and to manage well the in-laws who will be visiting from Jan 5th.
I am creating...
a cross stitched pirate for J.
I am hearing... the noise of the air conditioning and of the cars speeding outside.
I am going... to the dentist's.
Around the house...there is window cleaning to be done before the New Year.
One of my favorite things... my mobile. I visited my favorite blogs while at home without a phone connection.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week... important baking to do and church on New Year's day. There is a prayer I love and I have not heard in church for ages.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing…
of the simple family life.

(The Daybook host is on vacation this week, but you know, one has to make a start somewhere...so I followed Karen's example at Homespun Simplicity and posted anyway!)

2 comments:

P. said...

This is a very interesting idea. I joined once and didn't come again bit next time I will try to do it.

Alfazema

Denise said...

I enjoyed this.