Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Italy earthquake

I believe by now the world has heard of the horrible news of the devastating earthquake in Italy. We are very thankful that C's cousin who lives in the area is alive and well. She and her Italian husband are both doctors working at the University of L'Aquila. At the time of the quake, they and their daughter were with her in laws in nearby Pescara. We praise God for their safety, and we pray for the victims and their families, as well as for those who are trapped under the rubble. C and I are considering visiting them over the Greek Orthodox Easter vacation. Easter is on April 19, so I shall keep you posted.

3 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Yes, we saw this on the news. So horrible!

God help all of the families.

Denise said...

So very sad, praying for all those involved.

Simply Heart And Home said...

My prayers go out to those families who are lost or have loved ones lost in this tragedy.