I hope you enjoyed the weekend.
We spent Saturday morning at work. Then in the afternoon we drove to the bi-annual company conference.
It is a big company event and I enjoy meeting up with people from different Greek cities that we have known for a decade now, as well as the new blood from across Europe and from as far as the US and Brasil.
On Saturday night we had a buffet dinner. That is when we met most people and worked the room. We were very pleased to find our beds, although the kids did sleep in folded beds, unlike other years. The company is growing, so many more people had to be accomodated. I had bought the latest Martha Stuart magazine to keep me company in the trip. I rarely buy foreign press unless I subscribe because the prices are 3 times up the regular price, but apparently I cannot subscribe to MS, so I did splurge on this kitchen issue. Very handy tips, by the way. It encouraged me to tackle the food cupboard today as soon as I got home from work!
I barely opened the magazine, and I fell asleep. We had a hard time getting up in the morning. We went down for breakfast when most people were already seated. I was not hungry so I enjoyed some canned fruit and yoghurt and took my coffee in the conference room.
The kids are growing up, my friends, so all three sat in for the entire conference! A first!
The girls did not need the translations service. J understood some, but he did put the earphones on when the American representative spoke. I LOVE the spirit of America. It may not be in my blood as such, but I have grown up with it and my mom's nostalgia, and I can feel the shift in my perception whenever I meet the American "can do" attitude.
The American team had prepared a lovely video of New York and our shop-in-shop there. Very nice. I loved the music, too.
Then after lunch (some funny folkish vegetarian recipes-bad idea) it was C's turn to speak on sales techniques. He did OK.
By that time it was 6 p.m. and we had a 4 hour drive ahead of us. After the end of the conference I didn't have the courage to do any more PR. I did the basics and went to our room to pack up. We were quite tempted to get an hour's sleep (we were up since 8a.m.) but decided against it as we might wake up in the middle of the night instead.
We got home at 11.30 p.m. by which time I was so sick in the stomach from the undigested food and the turns of the road, that the only thing I wanted was to sleep.
I did leaf through my magazine, and I was ready to sleep. What gave me some much needed time to switch off the mind talk of the past couple of days, was prayer. I really enjoyed talking to God through my prayer book.
Today we got back to work. There are some things to be done before we get ready for the Autumn decoration, so we have to run! But we did manage to go buy the kids some school stuff in the evening. I always loved paper and pencil! Did you?
Enjoy the week,
No comments:
Post a Comment